[csw-users] /testing CUPS 1.2.2
mmayer at blastwave.org
Wed Aug 30 18:40:50 CEST 2006
CUPS 1.2.2 is now available for testing from
A considerable number of changes went into this release over the previous
CUPS release (1.1.23).
CUPS has been added to the Blastwave build sytem
(http://svn.blastwave.org/) which should allow for easier and faster
packaging of upcoming CUPS releases.
New package structure
CUPS is now split up into a number of smaller packages.
* libcups -- similar to the already existing libcups, except it is now
strictly libraries only. Header files are no longer included.
* cupsdev -- contains header files and cups-config. Previously part of
libcups. This package is platform independent as it contains no
binaries. (/opt/csw/bin/cups-config is a shell script.)
* cupsdoc -- contains CUPS documentation (/opt/csw/share/doc/cups). This
package is platform independent as it contains no binaries.
* cupsclient -- provides CUPS client applications
* cupsd -- contains the CUPS daemon and supporting binaries
* cups -- pseudo package that contains no files of its own. Provided for
ease of installation / upgrade. It depends on all the above packages,
so installing it will pull all the above packages resulting in a full
CUPS installataion. It is used for backwards compatibility (upgrades
from 1.1.23) as well as ease of installation if somebody wants all
The cupsd package now supports SMF under Solaris 10 and later. The FMRI
for CUPS is cswcups.
On Solaris 8 & 9, the traditional /etc/init.d start script and the
corresponding links will be installed.
More information about the users