[csw-users] netsnmp install issues

Andrew Chandler andy at riftware.com
Sun Dec 3 17:25:24 CET 2006

Further query on sunsolve.sun.com yields the followign (found by searching
on pkg name and then just choosing the results that don't have a "lock"
symbol next to them - things with a key next to them can't be viewed unless
you pay - however this was in the free section

Interactive Installation of Solaris Software
When you install the Solaris 8 4/01 operating environment from the Solaris
CDs, all
of the required software clusters and packages for your Sun hardware are
automatically loaded. If you choose to customize your Solaris 8 4/01
software
configuration using the interactive installation method, refer to TABLE 1-2
and
TABLE 1-3 to identify which software packages and clusters are needed.

<snip> skip some parts of the table</snip>
Sun Blade 100 and Sun Blade
1000
SUNWpiclh
SUNWpiclr
SUNWpiclu
SUNWpiclx
PICL
SUNW1394h
SUNW1394x
IEEE framework (1394)
SUNWeridx RIO driver
SUNWusx.u CPU power management's UltraSPARC

This strongly suggests to me the picl package is on the original solaris
install cd.