[csw-users] netsnmp install issues

Andrew Chandler andy at riftware.com
Mon Dec 4 15:20:21 CET 2006

My only point is that you took a slightly beligerent tone against people who
owe you nothing.   I have nothing to do with blastwave nor did I have any
history with your question, however I had a pretty good idea how to get on
with life if I was in your position with less than 1/2 hour research and I
only followed 4 links of my search results.   Given that it seemed a bit
over the top for you to use some of the words you use - I mean really
"allegedly" when it is volunteers telling you sompeplace to look?   I DID
find where to look using the Sunsolve.sun.com patch system for one of my
searches so if you had put in effort you could have figured out what was
wrong.     That isn't to say that dependencies shouldn't be explicitly noted
where possible but you need to understand that the folks who are building
these package systems

1: don't get paid
2: don't have access to every hardware platform and if there platform has it
automatically installed then its not unreasonable for them to not know this.