[csw-users] unstable versus stable

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Sun Dec 10 17:38:11 CET 2006

On 10/12/06, 15:43:16, Mike Seda <maseda at unc.edu> wrote regarding
[csw-users] unstable versus stable:

> Later I came to find out that I was pulling from the unstable mirror.
> This was of course my fault for not inspecting my pkg-get.conf before
> running pkg-get. Basically, what is the best way to
> go from unstable to stable without losing any of my current
> configuration, e.g. CSWapache?

Use the "-S" option to force synchronisation.

$ pkg-get --help
  '-S|sync'      Makes update mode sync to version on mirror site

We make every effort to ensure upgrade is successful but be aware
that downgrade might not work.  Old packages can't allow for those
that didn't exist when they were made.

James.