[csw-users] Package dependencies for ethereal missing

Bob Doolittle Robert.Doolittle at Sun.COM
Mon Feb 6 20:15:56 CET 2006

Hi,

I seem to be encountering no end of missing
package dependencies when trying to run
ethereal.

First it was missing the latest libcrypto.so from
the openssl package.  I was able to figure that
out because I had an older version installed
already so could identify the package
needing updating via /var/sadm/install/contents.

But now I am missing libpangocairo-1.0.so.0,
and I don't have this anywhere on my system,
so don't know what package to install.  Also,
using the search page on blastwave
(http://www.blastwave.org/search.php)
doesn't show anything.

Isn't pkg-get supposed to handle all dependencies
automatically?  Is the package dependency info
for ethereal broken somehow?  I tried to clean
everything up by doing pkgrm CSWethereal,
and then pkg-get -i ethereal, but am still missing
these dependencies...

Finally - there's a new version of ethereal available
(0.10.14).  The version on blastwave is 0.10.13.

Thanks for any help,
   Bob