[csw-users] New netsnmp-5.3.0.1 package

Robert Stampfli res at colnet.cmhnet.org
Thu Feb 9 21:35:51 CET 2006

I'm having problems after installing the new netsnmp package.
Whereas with the original package, I have some scripts that
reliably queried my router using snmpwalk to extract and print
information like the WAN IP address assigned to it, with the
new package I get a lot of errors when I invoke snmpwalk,
and no information:

$ snmpwalk -c public 192.168.123.123 >/dev/null
Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (HOST-RESOURCES-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (DISMAN-EVENT-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (DISMAN-SCHEDULE-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UCD-DEMO-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (HOST-RESOURCES-TYPES): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UCD-DISKIO-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (LM-SENSORS-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (MTA-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (NETWORK-SERVICES-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UCD-DLMOD-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-MPD-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-TM): At line 0 in (none)

Now, SNMP is not one of my strengths.  Can someone determine
if this is a package problem or perhaps a change in the
command itself  or the need for me to supply ancillary
information elsewhere that I need to take into consideration?
Help!

Thanks,
Rob