[csw-users] MySQL 5, PHP 5, Apache 2

Cory Omand comand at blastwave.org
Thu Feb 16 18:13:56 CET 2006

Dan Stromberg wrote:
> Is it possible that what I really have is PHP 5 accessing MySQL 5 via
> the MySQL 4 client API?  And if so, am I missing out on anything?

I did a bit of investigation on php5 and MySQL 5, and found that the
mysqli extension (php5_mysqli) does in fact support some of the new
MySQL 5 features (specifically, I found a note about cursor support).
There should be no problem with linking the php5 MySQL extension to
MySQL 5 and then accessing a MySQL 4 server, therefore I will relink the
mysql(i) extensions with MySQL 5, and release the packages to testing
later this week.

Regards,
Cory.

--