[csw-users] Error with: pkg-get -if rrdtool

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Fri Feb 17 10:47:30 CET 2006

On 16/02/06, 20:24:55, <EBradley at williams-int.com> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-users] Error with: pkg-get -if rrdtool:

> I'll file a bug report against the package.

There is one:
http://www.blastwave.org/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0001432

(This shouldn't have been closed because the fix has not yet
filtered through.)

> Alex, why should SUNWcslx be removed as a dependency?  (I'm not doubting
> you, I'd just like to have a reason to back up my request.)

It prevents the package being install where SUNWcslx does not exist,
which is sun4m and more significantly Solaris 10.

$ uname -a
SunOS XXXX 5.10 Generic_118822-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-cEngine
$ pkginfo SUNWcslx
ERROR: information for "SUNWcslx" was not found

$ uname -a
SunOS XXXX 5.8 Generic_117350-25 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-20
$ pkginfo SUNWcslx
ERROR: information for "SUNWcslx" was not found

But this machine is will work:
$ uname -a
SunOS XXXX 5.8 Generic_117350-28 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2
$ pkginfo SUNWcslx
system      SUNWcslx       Core Solaris Libraries (64-bit)

http://www.blastwave.org/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0001366
http://www.blastwave.org/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0001350

James.