[csw-users] gtk segmentation fault

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Mon Jan 16 11:10:32 CET 2006

On 16/01/06, 05:31:23, Denis "I." Morozov wrote regarding
Re: [csw-users] gtk segmentation fault:

> > Try replacing pango and gtk2 (my theory is that the fault is in cairo
> > but we have to replace the packages that call it).
> >
> > # pkgrm CSWpango CSWgtk2
> >
> > and install those from stable:
> >
> > # pkg-get -s http://path/to/mirror/stable -U -i libpango gtk2

> It works! gtk-demo has been started. But, I tried to start gvim , its
> says:

> OV-client$gvim
> Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
> Vim: Finished.
> Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

> I use ldd to find a problem:
> OV-client$ldd /opt/csw/bin/gvim

> As you can see 'libpangocairo-1.0.so.0' not found.

> I tried to find this file on blastwave.org but has no results.

Try:
http://www.blastwave.org/filesearch.php
It's there, it's part of the newer CSWpango that you have removed.

> Next, I deinstall gvim, and install it from stable branch (as you
> recommended for gtk and pango) , nothing happened, gvim also crashed to
> core.

I suspect gvim is not the primary cause as gvim itself doesn't call for
it:

$ dump -Lv /opt/csw/bin/gvim | grep libpangocairo

Run ldd with options to see which library is asking for libpangocairo:

$ ldd -v /opt/csw/bin/gvim

James.