[csw-users] Semi-OT: Simple Network Host-Status Tool?

Alex Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Fri Jan 20 22:17:51 CET 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:42:57 -0500
Tim Smith <tim.smith at degreec.com> wrote:

> when i run nagios from the command line with -v i get no warnings or
> errors on my configs. I do however get the following in the log:
>

> [1137789408] Error: Could not re-connect to database server on host
> '' for status data.  I'll keep trying every 60 seconds...
> [1137789408] Error: Could not connect to MySQL database '' on host ''
> using username '' and password '' for comment data!
> [1137789408] Error: Could not connect to MySQL database '' on host ''
> using username '' and password '' for downtime data!

Ignore my earlier reply.  I see what this is saying now, although I
have never seen that specific message.  Check nagios.cfg for storing
status, comment and downtime data in mysql.  Look for something like
comment_file or downtime_file.

Is this from the latest CSWnagios?

Alex

P.S. You do not want to store this type of data in mysql.  In the
upcoming 2.0 release, that option is no longer available.