[csw-users] problems when trying to add PEAR modules

Mark Round mark.round at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 11:40:40 CEST 2006

> Warning: main(Console/Getopt.php): failed to open stream: No such file
> or directory in System.php on line 27
> PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening required 'Console/Getopt.php'
> (include_path='/opt/csw/lib/php') in /opt/csw/lib/php/System.php on
> line 27

The problem is that the upstream source distribution of PHP 4.4.2 is
broken. When installing, it will not correctly add various PEAR files
such as
Console/Getopt, which in turn breaks everything else. In the meantime,
you can grab your own PEAR installation from scratch, by running the
following as root (if you have CSWlynx installed) :

/opt/csw/bin/lynx -source http://go-pear.org/ | /opt/csw/bin/php

This has been fixed in the PHP CVS, but no official source package has
been released yet. As soon as it does, I'll release an updated
package. I'm also looking at an unofficial workaround in the meantime...

-Mark