[csw-users] Package Building Questions

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Wed Mar 15 11:26:56 CET 2006

On 14/03/06, 16:07:36, Darin Perusich <Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com>
wrote regarding Re: [csw-users] Package Building Questions:

> updated your pkginfo file.

> Lundgren, Scott wrote:
> > New Question, how do I fix the following?
> >
> > bash-2.05$ createpkg -r
> > /export/home/wsadmin/build/pure-ftpd-1.0.21/cswstage
> > i copyright
> > ERROR: Pure-FTPd must be all lowercase
> >
> > I've gone through /export/home/wsadmin/pkgs/pureftpd/copyright and
> > changed the 2 cases of "Pure-FTPd" to "pure-ftpd". Createpkg gives the
> > same error. Is the createpkg script looking in the original COPYING
> > file?

If you are building a replacement for the current Blastwave package you
need to follow the current naming, that is in pkginfo:

PKG=CSWpureftpd
NAME=pureftpd - Pure-FTPd is a free (BSD), secure, production-quality
and standard-conformant FTP server.

The package name is "CSWpureftpd".  The software name is "pureftpd".
The description is the part of the NAME after the hyphen and is
flexible.  Here I've shown the current description, it's straight
from pureftpd, but note "conformant" isn't a proper English word.

James.