[csw-users] Warning: new php packages breaks low-end sparcs

Dennis Clarke blastwave at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 16:46:55 CET 2006

On 3/22/06, Mark Round <mark.round at gmail.com> wrote:
> New PHP4 packages are now available at
> http://www.blastwave.org/testing/ (REV=2005.03.22.SPARCONLY), if
> you're interested in testing (disclaimer: these have only just been
> built - they should be fine, but may set fire to your server, kill
> your cat etc.)
>
> # file /opt/csw/lib/php/sapi/apache1-libphp4.so
> /opt/csw/lib/php/sapi/apache1-libphp4.so:       ELF 32-bit MSB dynamic
> lib SPARC Version 1, dynamically linked, stripped
>
> Hopefully this will be OK for the V8 people out there...

I really do wonder how many Sparc sun4m boxes are out there.  Or even
sun4d or sun4c.

They're can not be many.  Heck, I used to have a Sun SPARCServer 670MP
tower only a few years ago and it was really old.  Still worked and
ran Solaris 2.5.1 just fine as well as WABI for Windows 3.1 emulation.
 My current Sparc 20 still runs just fine and it may never die.  Its
role is just testing however.

Should I toss it into the rack and give everyone a login?  For testing I mean ?

Dennis