[csw-users] xfig honouring command line options?

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Fri May 26 14:29:25 CEST 2006

Mike Patterson wrote:

> If I run "xfig -h", I just get xfig.  If I run "xfigbin -h", I get the
> help screen as expected.  In neither case does "-nosplash" seem to have
> any effect - I get the splash screen regardless.  Other options like
> -startgridline don't seem to be honoured either.

"xfig -h" gives me the help text but I might have edited the "xfig"
wrapper script.

If I remember correctly, the script might be missing passing args to
xfigbin.  The following is my /opt/csw/bin/xfig

#!/bin/sh
XFILESEARCHPATH=/opt/csw/lib/locale/%L/%T/%N%S%C:/usr/openwin/lib/locale/%L/%T/%N%S%C:/opt/csw/lib/X11/%T/%N%S%C:/usr/openwin/lib/X11/%T/%N%S%C
export XFILESEARCHPATH
exec /opt/csw/bin/xfigbin "$@"

I actually have a separate wrapper that also adds color

exec /opt/csw/bin/xfigbin -xrm "*customization: -color" "$@"