[csw-users] Blastwave KDE and antialiased fonts

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Mon Nov 6 15:14:46 CET 2006

Hi list,

This might be a FAQ, but I'd like to see this cleared up anyway. Why are the
kdelibs not compiled with antialiased fonts (freetype) support? I can't
really find a conclusive answer about that with Google, so I'm asking here.

Is there any way I can recompile the kdelibs package myself and have it
replace the blastwave package? Have you made any patches to kdelibs to get it
to compile cleanly? If yes, where are they? I could make a
anti-aliasing-supporting version of kdelibs and distribute it if you don't
have the time or will to do it.

Oh, any chance of seeing KDE 3.5.x some time on blastwave?

Cheers,
Emiel
--
"It was a virgin forest, a place where the Hand of Man had never set foot."