[csw-users] Blastwave KDE and antialiased fonts

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 16:30:31 CET 2006

As they said in the Matrix trilogies, there is no spoon.... (aka KDE 3.5.5 for Blastwave).

Seriously, focus your sites on KDE 4.0. We have Qt 4.2.0 ready and will spin off KDE 4.0 when it is officially released. If you want to help in this venture, work on building and testing KDE 4.0 (i.e. currently 3.80.2) for Solaris. Provide feedback of your issues and concerns.

Ref: http://www.kde.org/info/3.80.2.php

Cory Omand already has the KDE components in place for the build system and I just have to have him update this for KDE 4.0.

As for the antialiased fonts, I have freetype 2.2.1 available in /testing so just build KDElibs against that and maybe Qt. Turn on the options in the display and font control panels.

~ Ken