[csw-users] cyrus imapd

Stefan Held obi at unixkiste.org
Mon Nov 6 17:24:34 CET 2006

Hi Guys.

First of all. Big thx to the Community here.

Second. This is the third attempt to contribute something to blastwave.
What does one need to do if he wants to become a maintainer of a
wanted package?
Seems like filling in the required Fields on the webpage is not good
enough?

If someone is willing to point me to the right direction i would be
very thankfull.

Second:

Today i updated my cyrus imapd Server to the recent stable version. I
experienced some difficulties during the update procedure. ( I would
love to file a mantis entry. But i am still waiting for the EMail :)

Installing cyrus_imapd - Pop and Imap server from the Cyrus mail
system as <CSWcyrusimapd>

## Executing preinstall script.
/var/sadm/pkg/CSWcyrusimapd/install/preinstall: /usr/bin/getent: not
found
Creating cyrus user...
UX: /usr/sbin/useradd: ERROR: cyrus is already in use.  Choose another.
pkgadd: ERROR: preinstall script did not complete successfully

Then, if you try to solve this problem with removing the cyrus user
and pkgrm the package you ran into the next problem. The preinstall
script is not forcing a unique uid for the cyrus user and therefore /
opt/csw/var/cyrus/mail is not accessible.