[csw-users] pkg-get help

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Mon Nov 13 18:38:00 CET 2006

> Just to be clear, my problem is lack of knowledge for Unix in general.  I
> think the "HowTo" page is great and I am pleased with the site overall.  The
> only thing I would suggest is to point someone who is brand new to Unix to
> some sort of self-help tutorial resource that you may know of.  Thanks for
> all your help.

OKay ... in that case you are swimming in a whole new world at the moment
and I can understand your frustration.  I recall, once upon a time, that I
told a user that Solaris is great because it has a manpage for everything.
The horrible thing is that it has a manpage for everything and they don't
really tell you how to get the job done!

So I think I'll put up a big bold link at the top of that page that says :

   Are you totally new to Solaris and UNIX or Linux in general ?

   If so then I have really easy to follow instructions >>HERE<<

That sort of thing.

Dennis