[csw-users] pkg-get help

Mark McCoy realmcking at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 02:51:45 CET 2006

On 11/14/06, Matthew Hannigan <mlh at zip.com.au> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 09:00:19AM +0100, Ihsan Dogan wrote:

> > > Yes, then you could provide a shell script that would
> > > setup ftp to bootstrap blastwave non-interactively.
> >
> > You are free to provide us such a script. :-)
>
> Yes, fair enough :-)
>
> Here's a non-tested version:
>
>         ftp -in ftp.blastwave.org <<!
>         user ftp blastwave at invalid.com
>         get pkg_get.pkg
>         !
>         yes | pkgadd -d pkg_get.pkg all
>

> Matt

How about changing the "!" for your HERE document to something that
isn't interpreted by a lot of shells these days?

   ftp -in ftp.ibiblio.org <<HERE
   user anonymous blastwave at invalid.com
   passive
   cd pub/packages/solaris/csw
   get pkg_get.pkg
   HERE
   yes | pkgadd -d pkg_get.pkg all

--
Mark McCoy -- Professional Unix geek

Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from
revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dared to dissent from
accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent
with disloyal subversion. -- Dwight D. Eisenhower