[csw-users] gnome-settings-daemon: fatal: libXxf86misc.so.1.1

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 14:06:52 CEST 2006

Use CSW mirror:
http://blastwave.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/csw/unstable/

Gnome-settings-daemon is a part of the control center
package (currently, 2.14.2,REV=2006.09.15).

You can find the file here:
/opt/csw/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon

Doing a 'pkg-get -Uu gnome' using the CSW mirror I
mentioned above should give you recent updates that
are on the mirrors.

~ Ken

-----------------------------------
Hi,

I tried the upgrade to the new version of Gnome as per
the instructions.  It's working better now for sure --
menu items in place etc.  However,
gnome-settings-daemon is still crashing... I was going
to try running it manually, but this time it's
actually *missing*.  did a find /, but couldn't find
the file.

Does anybody have any idea why I no longer have this
file?

Thank you!

Brendan