[csw-users] PHPx modules conflicting with native Solaris LDAP libs

David N. Blank-Edelman dnb at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Oct 4 19:34:35 CEST 2006

Hi Cory-
  Thanks for your response.

> php.  He is in fact the current maintainer of php4.  I am the current
> maintainer of php5, and I have not (to the best of my and gmail's
> recollection) received any emails directly on this topic.

Whoops, I think we were not clear on this and only mailed Mark. Thanks for
jumping right in to help.

> php[45]_ldapsun which were incompatible with each other.  I will
> attempt such a build this morning, but as I recollect from compiling
> against the Sun LDAP libraries in the past, there may be code changes
> to PHP required, and I no longer have the patches I was using.  This
> translates into additional time spent creating the packages.  Not an
> intractable problem, but I do have a day job :-).

That would be sooooo great. We'd really appreciate it. If you need us to do
anything (go find patches, etc), just let us know and we'll help out any
way we can. As for the day job, we understand that totally. Much of ours
recently has been spent trying beat this problem into submission so your
help is really appreciated.

   -- dNb