[csw-users] CUPS 1.2.3 problems

pjama pjama at optusnet.com.au
Sun Oct 8 09:24:26 CEST 2006

Markus Mayer wrote:
> On Saturday, 07 Oct 2006 21:42 +1000, pjama wrote:
>
>> Well I've taken the plunge and updated from CUPS 1.1.23 to current
>> 1.2.3 and as expected it didn't go smoothly....
>>
>> I've pretty much disabled all access restrictions just to get going
>> so I can tighten it up later however when I "Print Test Page" on a
>> printer configured similarly to previous version I get Error:
>> Unsupported format 'application/postscript'!
>>
>> even lp barfs:
>> # lp /etc/hosts
>> lp: Unsupported format 'text/plain'!
>> #
>

> Could your problem be related to this bug report?
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=381743
>
> I checked and CSWcups doesn't have pstoraster.convs either. I am
> looking into it to find out why it's missing.

Certainly the symptoms are the same and you are right, the pstoraster.convs file is missing. This file WAS there earlier.... hmmm...thinking...

In my desperation on trying to get this going I removed all printing packages and did a pkg-get -i cups.
I think I deleted espgs but it's not a dependency of cups so wasn't re-installed. The file pstoraster.convs is part of espgs.

ATM I've reverted to 1.1.23 just to keep the users happy.

Cheers
Peter