[csw-users] CUPS 1.2.3 problems

EBradley at williams-int.com EBradley at williams-int.com
Tue Oct 10 17:36:46 CEST 2006

I realize you are asking about the 1.2.3 version, but the following
should still hold true.

We have CUPS 1.2.4 installed from source, though it wasn't easy at
first.  We had the same 'application/postscript' error when trying to
print, until we realized:

- ESP Ghostscript is required if you want to print postscript in any
fashion

- CUPS must be installed before ESP Ghostscript

- The bin and sbin folders within the CUPS directory (we specified a
directory using the --prefix option during the configure) must be
present in your PATH before installing Ghostscript because it looks for
them during the build process

Once those are satisfied, you should be able to print using CUPS.

Evan