[csw-users] automounted /opt?

Charlie Schluting schluting at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 18:18:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've used blastwave successfully before when /opt was a seperate file
system, and also when it was part of /.

Now I'm trying to use it where I have only 700M in /, so I need to
automount /opt in a directory from a partition that has many gigs
free. This works, of course, except that blastwave packages think it's
a read-only file system, and they all fail. Well, *most* fail. I
actually got some to install.

Any ideas?

The (direct) automounter map:
/opt -rw,hard,intr localhost:/disk/laura/opt

Me creating a file there:
drkatz:/disk/laura/opt/csw# touch /opt/csw/testing
drkatz:/disk/laura/opt/csw# ls -al !$
ls -al /opt/csw/testing
-rw-r--r--   1 root     staff          0 Sep  1 09:14 /opt/csw/testing

And `pkg-get -i wget`
## Installing part 1 of 1.
WARNING: /opt/csw/bin/wget <not present on Read Only file system>
WARNING: /opt/csw/etc/wgetrc.CSW <not present on Read Only file system>
WARNING: /opt/csw/sbin/wget.static <not present on Read Only file system>
WARNING: /opt/csw/share/info/wget.info <not present on Read Only file system>
WARNING: /opt/csw/share/man/man1/wget.1 <not present on Read Only file system>
[ verifying class <none> ]
## Executing postinstall script.
cp: cannot access /opt/csw/etc/wgetrc.CSW
pkgadd: ERROR: postinstall script did not complete successfully

Installation of <CSWwget> partially failed.
ERROR: could not add CSWwget.

drkatz:/disk/laura/opt/csw# mount |grep /opt
/opt on /disk/laura/opt read/write/setuid/devices/dev=154002a on Fri
Sep  1 09:14:11 2006

This is crazy..

-Charlie