[csw-users] gnome-settings-daemon: fatal: libXxf86misc.so.1.1

Brendan Leddy treat.williams at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 22:31:07 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've been trying to get CSW Gnome to work on my Solaris 10 06/06 box for
about a week.  I've looked through the mailing list archive, Googled, tried
creating new users, deleting the stuff in /var/tmp,
uninstalling/reinstalling... to no avail.

Gnome does start, but I get the gnome-settings-daemon exception.  Trying to
start /opt/csw/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon gives me this:

ld.so.1: gnome-settings-daemon: fatal: libXxf86misc.so.1.1: open failed: No
such file or directory
Killed

Have I inadvertently uninstalled an essential package? I can find
/usr/X11/lib/libXxf86misc.so.1 just fine, but not .so.1.1.  I couldn't find
which package this file is located in.

Also, I have no programs listed in the applications menu.  Is this normal?

The clockapplet fails to start as well.  Not sure if this is related or not.

Thank you.