[csw-users] GNOME-2.14

Jens Langner J.Langner at fz-rossendorf.de
Wed Sep 27 10:39:00 CEST 2006

Hi Chris,

Chris Turkel schrieb:

> First off, a huge thanks to Ken Mays for getting this working! Thank
> you!
>
> Now some bugs I encountered:
>
> Upon logging the splash screen stays on the screen until I click on it.
>
> Second, the desktop takes a couple of minutes to appear. Its black,
> with no icons, until then.

That's already reported:
http://www.blastwave.org/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0001826

However, Ken currently doesn't seem to have a clue why that happens. But
for a final release IMHO it is _very_ important to get that fixed.

> Finally, the applications menu is there but there are items listed in
> it.

You mean, "no items are listed"? That's exactly the reason why you have
to specify the

export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/opt/csw/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/share
export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/opt/csw/etc/xdg

variables in your /etc/dt/config/Xinitrc.CSWdesktop right before the
gnome-session is started. As soon as you have those variables set, the
application menu will be fine.

Again: For a final release of GNOME 2.14 the gnome_dtlogin package
definitly needs to be updated. So is the currently maintainer of it
"Michael Gernoth" already aware of it? In the meantime I have filed a
bug item for him on that very issue.

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                         Ph: +49-351-2602757
Forschungszentrum Rossendorf e.V.
Institute of Radiopharmacy - PET Center       J.Langner at fz-rossendorf.de
Germany                                      http://www.jens-langner.de/