[csw-users] Resistance to community supported package repositories.

Brian Gupta brian.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 20:54:52 CEST 2007

For a number of reasons, I feel it is the right path for us to move to
get rid off /opt/sfw and move to /opt/csw. I also think that because
blastwave is so comprehensive that we can almost entirely get out of
having to compile and build our own packages.

I am running into resistance to moving to a community supported
package system/repository. (It's been ok'ed for use within our group,
but not for rollout to the majority of our servers that host other
groups applications.)

I am wondering if anyone one has run into this, and how you dealt with it?

Thanks,
Brian