[csw-users] [csw-announce] Stable Release 2007-04

Alexander Skwar listen at alexander.skwar.name
Thu Apr 12 11:52:57 CEST 2007

Dennis Clarke <dclarke at blastwave.org> wrote:

>> ken mays <maybird1776 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes. GNOME 2.14.3 was the main goal. We now have GNOME
>>> 2.16.3 as the final target which we will hopefully
>>> have up by this week once stable 2007-04 is being
>>> pushed to the public mirrors.
>>>
>>> The focus is mainly to have a fully working modern
>>> GNOME desktop for corporate and educational
>>> institutions.
>>
>> Just curious - why not go to Gnome 2.18 directly, if the
>> focus is to have a modern GNOME desktop?
>
> Well, over any given length of time there is no such thing as "modern".
> Let's just say that "current" would be real nice.

Okay. However, the CURRENT version of Gnome is 2.18, at this
point in time. BTW: "modern" was the word ken has chosen, that's
why I reused it :)

> I'm not about to debate the versions released because I know as an
> absolute fact that it takes *lot* of work to test GNOME in order to get it
> released.

I don't know that, but I assume that, yes. That's why I'm asking
why time is spend on an obsolete version. Why not spend it on the
current version?

Alexander Skwar