[csw-users] SSL on Apache2 problem - Solaris 10

Lauren lauren.wright at guamcell.net
Thu Apr 19 08:04:25 CEST 2007

Hi again,

I got SSL working. Perhaps I am the only idiot out there who has not gotten
this to work right away, but in case this can help someone else I will send
what I did to the list.

Here is what I missed - in httpd.conf the Include directive for SSL was
inside the IfModule set like so:

<IfModule ssl_module>
Include etc/extra/httpd-ssl.conf
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
</IfModule>

I decided to try commenting it out and putting it outside of the set like
so:

Include etc/extra/httpd-ssl.conf
<IfModule ssl_module>
#Include etc/extra/httpd-ssl.conf
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
</IfModule>

and I was rewarded with apache not starting and throwing the error that:

[Thu Apr 19 14:43:20 2007] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing
restart
Syntax error on line 57 of /opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-ssl.conf:
Invalid command 'SSLPassPhraseDialog', perhaps misspelled or defined by a
module
 not included in the server configuration

This was cool to me because that might mean it wasn't finding mod_ssl, so I
checked that out and the mod_ssl was also inside a set:

<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module libexec/mod_ssl.so
</IfDefine>

So I commented out the tags like so:

#<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module libexec/mod_ssl.so
#</IfDefine>

and hey presto apache started, listening on 80 and 443.

Thanks

Lauren.