[csw-users] new user questions

Sergey seriv at parkheights.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 26 20:06:26 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this list. I am using csw packages for solaris quite a long
time. Now I want to became a maintainer and to upload some packages I'm
using.
These are mailserver related packages. I use dovecot, and I'm glad
Blastwave has the newest version of this server.
But I'd like to have pacage dovecot-devel and dovecot-sieve.
Dovecot-devel should be build from the same sources as dovecot, but with
'enable-headers-install' option for ./configure. And then it will by
possible to build against dovecot's headers and libraries dovecot
cmu_sieve plugin.
Also I'd like to see postfix with dovecot authentification support.
Postfix has this support starting version 2.3, and Blastwave has 2.2.8,
while already 2.4.1 released.
Then I'd like to have packages dspam and squirrelmail, I will have them
on by server in any case, but it would be better to prepare and make
them for Blastwave repository.
Also some packages, like CSWapache2, have errors, already reported in
this mailing list, - may be there are some way to upload patches to
bugzilla, or to get authorization to upload fixed packages with
permission of the maintainer?
I have filled up "CSW - Maintainer signup page" 2 days ago, and the
message after submitting it promised reply within a few hours. Should I
repeat this singup process, or I am rejected from being a csw maintainer?

--
	With best regards,
		Sergey Ivanov.