[csw-users] Apache and mod_jk2

Shah, Maunir Maunir.shah at knowles.com
Wed Aug 15 20:37:48 CEST 2007

I installed apache v1.3.34 (CSWapache) and mod_jk2  v2.0.2  (CSWmodjk)
and whenever I try to start it,  I get the module error.  OS is Solaris
10 and has the latest patches.  I can't get this to work at all.  If I
remove my mod_jk2.conf file line from httpd.conf, then it's fine.  But,
that defeats the purpose.  I know I'm missing something but just can
seem to figure out what it is.

 [Wed Aug 15 18:12:31 2007]  ( info) [mod_jk2.c (208)]: Set serverRoot
/j2ee/apache

Create config for main host

Syntax error on line 6 of /j2ee/local/conf/mod_jk2.conf:

Invalid command 'JkWorkersFile', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a

/j2ee/apache/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

cat /j2ee/local/conf/mod_jk2.conf

<IfModule !mod_jk2.c>

        LoadModule jk2_module /j2ee/apache/libexec/mod_jk2.so

</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_jk2.c>

JkWorkersFile "/j2ee/apache/conf/workers2.properties"

JkLogFile "/j2ee/tomcat/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel info

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

</ifModule>

My httpd.conf (some of the lines that reflect mod_jk2)

LoadModule jk2_module         libexec/mod_jk2.so

#I have tried commenting out mod_jk2.c lines, and have added the
mod_jk2.conf settings as well.  And both doesn't to work.

# For mod_jk2 support. Added by CSWmodjk2

<IfModule mod_jk2.c>

</IfModule>

Include /j2ee/local/conf/mod_jk2.conf

Maunir Shah