[csw-users] evince not showing fonts correctly?

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Sun Aug 19 22:34:14 CEST 2007

> hello all,
> i'm trying to visualize this document:
> http://opensolaris.org/os/community/edu/nocost_resources/instructorguide.pdf
>
> i'm using evince 0.9.0 from blastwave, on solaris 10, and the result is
> unusable:
> http://www.latp.univ-mrs.fr/~henry/evince.png

wow .. that *is* ugly.

it looks like a totally wrong font among other things.

I always *hate* to say those magic words "works for me" but I just tested
the latest evince from Sun thus :

    http://www.blastwave.org/dclarke/blog/images/evince_081.png

as well as the evince from Blastwave which I *know* works well :

    http://www.blastwave.org/dclarke/blog/images/evince_090.png

> but with evince 0.6.1 compiled by Sun on Solaris Express Developer
> Edition (snv_64a), the result is correct.

The latest version in snv_70 is evince 0.8.1 above but the version from
Blastwave is 0.9.0 and it does work. What we really need to look at is
evince 0.9.0 on Solaris 10 as you illustrate. I'll fire that up but I expect
the same results.

> Anybody else got this problem?

not thus far.

Dennis