[csw-users] New Package?

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Fri Aug 31 18:23:03 CEST 2007

> shuttlebox wrote:
>> On 8/31/07, William M. Fennell <William.Fennell at channing.harvard.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is this the list to request somebody add a package to the blastwave
>>> distribution?
>>>

>> I guess that's fine but there's also a package request web page:
>>
>> http://www.blastwave.org/pkgreq.php
>>

> Thanks!  That's just what I needed.

>[what software, WHAT DOES IT DO, and where is the source code?]

>It is an open source version of the S language.
>The latest source is here:
>http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu/src/base/R-2/R-2.5.1.tar.gz

I'm very curious about this.  I was looking at building an open source
implementation of Pascal after I get a few other things done and now I see
this thing.  The "S" language?  Do we have a programming language for every
letter of the alphabet now?  :-)

The old motto was that if it can't be done with Fortran then it isn't worth
doing.  A few years earlier we used to say "If it can't be done with
assembly language then it can't be done at all."

Guess I'm showing my age there.

Dennis