[csw-users] New CSWsendmail 8.14.2 doesn't install (Sparc LX Solaris 8)

Alex S Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Tue Dec 18 03:56:23 CET 2007

Rob Stampfli wrote:
> Haven't looked into this yet to determine the underlying cause,
> but thought I'd pass this along ASAP as sendmail is a critical
> app on many boxes:
>
> The latest sendmail package, (sparc) 8.14.2,REV=2007.12.14,
> bails out with an error during installation.  This is on an
> old sparc LX machine (which I use to pre-test new packages)
> running Solaris 8.  One unique thing about the installation

Yes, thanks Robert.  I got a bugreport on the same issue today.  I may
have found the problem, although it installed fine on Solaris 10.  There
is an update at http://www.blastwave.org/testing for download and manual
install.  Could you try that package and let me know how it works on
Solaris 8?

Thanks,

Alex