[csw-users] rhythmbox 0.8.4: aborting...

Jonathan Wheeler jwheeler at blastwave.org
Fri Dec 28 14:03:05 CET 2007

Gérard Henry wrote:
> hello all,
Hi Gerard, I can't help with rythmbox I'm afraid, I'll have to leave
that to another BW helper, but I might be able to help with the GTK2 issue.

> ultra20-henry% bash configure --prefix=/home/henry/apps
> PKG_CONFIG=/opt/csw/bin/pkg-config | & tee CONFIGURE.LOG
> ..
> checking for RHYTHMBOX... sh: gnome-config: not found
> sh: gnome-config: not found
> configure: error: Package requirements (                  gtk+-2.0 >=
> 2.6.0  libgnomeui-2.0                                   libglade-2.0
> gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.7.4                   gnome-vfs-module-2.0) were not met:
>
> No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
> Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
> Package 'gtk+-2.0', required by 'libgnomecanvas-2.0', not found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>

> I don't understand where is gnome-config,
That's a pkgconfig quirk. If it can't find what it wants, it falls back
to gnome-config. Odd design. I have no idea what gnome-config is either.

  and where is gtk+-2.0.pc. The
> only file i found is:
>   /opt/csw/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+.pc

I'm wondering if you only have GTK (version 1) installed?
The GTK2 pkgconfig header sits in /opt/csw/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+-2.0.pc

Can you let us know which versions of GTK1&2 you have installed?

Jonathan