[csw-users] rhythmbox 0.8.4: aborting...

Jason Zhang zhihengz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 17:38:31 CET 2007

the latest gtk package in unstable repository does not include
gtk-2.0.pc, it also misses several other critical pkg-config pc files. I
recommend you to downgrade gtk to stable repository. You may need
manually remove this package and ignore all warnings and install it from
a stable repository.

Regarding to rhythmbox, it needes some kind of tweak ( at least for
me ). I compiled 0.10.1 version and make it work with following notes:

1. use gcc/gmake
2. remove -D_XOPEN_SOURCE flag in at least followings Makefiles
   * plugins/iradio/Makefile,
   * plugins/audioscrobbler/Makefile,
   * plugins/cd-recorder/Makefile,
   * plugins/visualizer/Makefile,
   otherwise it causes <sys/time.h> be hidden from <sys/resource.h>
   those modified Makefile for 0.10.1 is placed a tar.gz file
3. for 0.10.1, the shell/rb-removable-media-manager.c causes crash, a
patch is needed:

429,436c429,430
< 	if ( hal_udi != NULL )
< 		rb_debug ("detecting new media - hal udi=%s", hal_udi);
< 	else
< 		rb_debug( "no HAL info" );
< 	if ( icon_name != NULL )
< 		rb_debug ("detecting new media - icon=%s", icon_name);
< 	else
< 		rb_debug( "no icon" );
---
> 	rb_debug ("detecting new media - hal udi=%s", hal_udi);
> 	rb_debug ("detecting new media - icon=%s", icon_name);

4. if install in a different directory than /opt/csw/ copy all related
files
   under ${prefix}/lib/bonono to /opt/csw/lib/bonono so it works well
with gnome

If you definitely need 0.8.4, you need find which file cause abort
similar as step 3.

--Jason