[csw-users] KDE and SSL

Mark McCoy realmcking at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 22:17:03 CET 2007

Hey all,

Thanks for the great job on providing useful Free Software to Solaris users!

I have recently run into a problem with KDE from Blastwave on 2 systems.
After a clean install of the OS and KDE 3.4 from Blastwave stable onto both
a Solaris 10 (SPAC) and a Solaris 9 (SPARC) system, KDE programs can not
find the SSL libraries, which makes it difficult to run konqueror and other
SSL-aware KIOslaves (https and webdavs are the most important to me).

Going into the konqueror setup and using the "Crypto" tab, I try to enter
every combination of lib directories I can think of, but when I click
"Test", all I ever get back is an error "Failed to load OpenSSL: libssl was
not found or successfully loaded".  I have tried /opt/csw/lib,
/opt/kde_gcc/lib, /usr/sfw/lib, /usr/local/lib, etc..., all of which have a
copy of libssl.so.  I have tried putting the different lib directories into
crle, with no results.

Please let me know if there is any other information that would be helpful
in diagnosing this issue!

Thanks, Mark
--
Mark McCoy -- Professional Unix geek

Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists
and rebels - men and women who dared to dissent from accepted doctrine. As
their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower