[csw-users] WxWidgets

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Sun Jan 7 13:28:44 CET 2007

On 06/01/07, 22:37:04, Paul Gress <pgress at optonline.net> wrote regarding
[csw-users] WxWidgets:

> I was trying to compile "Kicad"
> (http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/, EDA CAD program for
> PCB's) using mostly CSW libs.  All was going fine until I hit a
> roadblock with WxWidgets.

> gcc: /opt/csw/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.7.a: No such file or directory
> gcc: /opt/csw/lib/libwxpng-2.7.a: No such file or directory
> gcc: /opt/csw/lib/libwxjpeg-2.7.a: No such file or directory
> gcc: /opt/csw/lib/libwxzlib-2.7.a: No such file or directory

I didn't need the static libs you can't find.

You will probably fail with gcc because WxWidgets is CC compiled,
(I assume the API is not pure C).

CC requires a few hacks to the ggcisms, eg, casts, typeof(), stray
commas.

Another problem, it's asking for a GL enabled WxWidgets.  Try
WxWidgets configure with --with-opengl.  2.8.0 is due.  Alessio?

James.