[csw-users] Courier-IMAP and FAM

Alex Moore asmoore at edge.net
Sat Jan 20 13:45:07 CET 2007

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:26:28 +0500
Victor Grishchenko <gritzko at plotinka.ru> wrote:

> I just managed to launch Courier-IMAP-based mail server using
> Solaris 10+
> and CSW packages. Almost everything works, but I have perpetuating
> error in the logs:
> Jan 20 15:44:18 spark imapd: [ID 702911 mail.error] Failed to create
> cache
> file: maildirwatch (any-user-name)

Did you see the notes from the package 'View news and info' button?
However, I need to add some items for Solaris 10.

On Solaris 10, also run inetconv after the entry is added
to /etc/inetd.conf.  Then use `inetadm -d` to disable the services and
`inetadm -e` to enable the services.

When fam is configured and running properly, you should get the
following output from rpcinfo.  This is from a Solaris 10 box.

[root at sws601 ~]# uname -a
SunOS sws601 5.10 Generic_118833-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
[root at sws601 ~]# rpcinfo -p |grep fam
    391002    1   tcp  32794  sgi_fam
    391002    2   tcp  32794  sgi_fam
[root at sws601 ~]#

Courier IMAP will be happy when `rpcinfo -p` returns the above.

Alex