[csw-users] KDE kiosktool compiled!

Quayle, Bill (ETS) Bill.Quayle at cmegroup.com
Wed Jul 18 15:52:48 CEST 2007

Greetings!

I'm rolling out several servers running Solaris 10 to serve up KDE
desktops to Sun Ray Ultrathin Clients, and needed a way to lock down KDE
such that the common user couldn't load their 300 Mb photo of their dog
on their desktop....

Kiosktool (ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/apps/KDE3.x/admin) was a
natural fit, but wasn't offered as a blastwave package.  After some
minor issues, I got it to compile, and wanted to pass along a couple of
tips should anyone else be in the same situation.

Here's your configure:

./configure --prefix /opt/csw/kde-gcc
--with-qt-includes=/opt/csw/kde-gcc/include
--with-qt-libraries=/opt/csw/kde-gcc/lib

You also need CSWqtgcc, but make sure you don't have both CSWqt and
CSWqtgcc, as it will cause uic to fail with:

  checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
  configure: error: you need to install kdelibs first.

Setting and exporting KDEDIRS=/opt/csw/kde-gcc and including
$KDEDIRS/bin and /opt/gcc3/bin in your PATH is also required.

Cheers,

-Bill