[csw-users] Security Vulnerabilities in Samba.

Alessio a.cervellin at acm.org
Fri Jul 20 17:41:24 CEST 2007

Jeremiah Johnson wrote:

 > The stable branch is supposed to be updated only every 3 months, and
 > unstable constantly, but I'm not seeing any visible action in unstable
 > with regards to samba.

indeed unstable is updated constantly and frequently, but sometimes it
happens a package is being abandoned by its maintainer (or even worst
himself abandon the blastwave community) without posting us any notice
about this decision.
we are thinking about some automated system to detect whether a
maintainer is still "active" or not, so that we are alerted when a
package is "abandoned".