[csw-users] Security Vulnerabilities in Samba.

Bogdan Iamandei bogdan at its.uq.edu.au
Tue Jul 24 02:03:00 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 01:53, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> > Jeremiah Johnson wrote:
> >
> > > The stable branch is supposed to be updated only every 3 months, and
> > > unstable constantly, but I'm not seeing any visible action in unstable
> > > with regards to samba.
> >
> > indeed unstable is updated constantly and frequently, but sometimes it
> > happens a package is being abandoned by its maintainer (or even worst
> > himself abandon the blastwave community) without posting us any notice
> > about this decision.
> > we are thinking about some automated system to detect whether a
> > maintainer is still "active" or not, so that we are alerted when a
> > package is "abandoned".
>
> I think that a small satellite controlled cattle prod would be of value
> here.  If a person does not check in a least once a month then the global
> network of cattle prods will begin to shock people repeatedly at 5 minute
> intervals until they respond.
>
> That may not be very humane but it would work.
>
> I'll think up something else.  :-)

Dub it iProd and it will practically sell itself! We're going to
make millions! Millions I tells ya'! :)

Free iProd with every Blastwave shell account! And if you don't
check-in regularly, well, you're going to find out what the Blast
in Blastwave stands for :)

							Ino!~

* BzzzZZZzzzerrrrRRT! <clunk!> *

--
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe.  Attack ships on fire
off the shoulder of Orion.  I watched C-beams glitter in the dark