[csw-users] Problem Installing pkg_get

Ed. Lott ed at lott.com
Tue Jun 5 02:44:46 CEST 2007

I still seem to be having a problem. I downloaded the pkg_get.pkg
file from
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/blastwave.org/pkg_get.pkg as recommended.

# pwd
/root
# ls -l *.pkg
-r-xr-xr-x   1 root     other      66560 Jun  4 16:29 pkg_get.pkg
#
When I run the pkgadd command I still get the same error.

# pkgadd -d /root/pkg_get.pkg all

Processing package instance <CSWpkgget> from </root/pkg_get.pkg>

pkg_get - CSW version of automated package download tool
(all) 3.7
You may use and copy this software without charge, as you see fit.
The software is copyright (C) Philip Brown, Nov 2000-2006

Dont forget to update /opt/csw/etc/pkg-get.conf with your nearest archive site.
(or /etc/opt/csw/pkg-get.conf)

Dont stick with the default of ibiblio.org: it's very slow!

Using </opt/csw> as the package base directory.
## Processing package information.
## Processing system information.
     bad entry read from contents file
     - pathname: /opt/sfw/docs/b
     - problem: incomplete entry
pkgadd: ERROR: unable to merge package and system information

Installation of <CSWpkgget> failed (internal error).
No changes were made to the system.
#
I installed this package on a Solaris 8 system at the office today
without a problem.