[csw-users] Naughty apps, that break out of /opt/csw or don't distinguish that they are csw. (Or install as active.)

Brian Gupta brian.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 00:45:38 CEST 2007

I guess the biggest issue I have then, is that certain packages are
inconsistent in following your own standards. Please look through my
original email.

Why do only certain packages install something in /var/sadm/pkg/?

Why don't the following manifests start with a csw in their name?
svc-mysql4
svc-puppetmasterd
svc-bacula
svc-mysql5
svc-sendmail
svc-nagios
svc-sqwebmail
svc-cups
svc-nrpe
svc-vsftpd
svc-courier-authlib
svc-dovecot
svc-openldap
svc-courier-imap
svc-mimedefang
svc-puppetd
svc-jboss3
svc-jboss4

Why aren't the following manifests installed in /opt/csw/lib/svc/manifest/?
svc-jboss3
svc-jboss4

Why don't the following RC scripts have csw as a name prefix:
/etc/init.d/conserver.rc
/etc/rc2.d/S99hobbit
/etc/rc2.d/S99hobbit-client
/etc/rc3.d/S99hobbit
/etc/rc3.d/S99hobbit-client

Why do tomcat 4 and 5 install things in /var/opt/csw? (I don't want anything
csw there)

Why do only some of your apps put stuff in /var/svc/log? (Other apps use
/opt/csw/var/log and ../logs and plain old /opt/csw/var)

Why do you put fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts? (You also put them in
/opt/csw).

Why is there an /opt/csw/opt? (It is empty).

(There is more, but I have to go home...)

-Brian