[csw-users] Naughty apps, that break out of /opt/csw or don't distinguish that they are csw. (Or install as active.)

Brian Gupta brian.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:41:25 CEST 2007

On 6/11/07, Alex Moore <asmoore at blastwave.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:45:38 -0400
> "Brian Gupta" <brian.gupta at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why don't the following manifests start with a csw in their name?
> >

> I ask: Why would it?  They are just files that live somewhere under
> the /opt/csw/ namespace.  If you look at the service name registered
> with SMF, which does have to co-exist with other service names outside
> of the csw namespace, you should see that name prefaced with csw.
>
> Enough from me,
>
> Alex

Alex, try not to take this critism personally. There are over 1500 packages
in the tree. These inconsistencies are but a minor fraction of that tree.
I'd say that is a pretty good ratio.

Consistency makes the software more predictable. If software is more
predictable, people are less likely to make mistakes.

-Brian