[csw-users] KDE repos

Andepiel andepiel45 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:45:59 CET 2007

  Hi:

   I am pretty new in Solaris. I have problems trying to find a good
list of repositories, since there are a lot of packages missing on my
system.

   Summarizing, I am looking for:

LIST OF REPOSITORIES FOR PKG-GET

    I would like to have access to:

    -> KDE packages (KDE, amarok, ...).
    -> GNU libraries (such as gcc2l, gpg and so on).
    -> Mozilla Packages (thunderbird, firefox, ...)
    -> Opera packages

    It looks like that there are so few repositories for openSolaris.

    I guess Java, eclipse and so on are already on the default repos.

ENABLING ADMINTOOL

  For having some kind of GUI based package manager. It is a pitty that
smart do not work yet with BSD ports (for this branch of Unix).

PKG-GET CONFIG FILE

  I was expecting some kind of sources.list (pkg-get.conf) but I don't
know how to work with this file, since whatever the change I made, it is
always consulting same repos.

   I tried also this way:

    pkg-get -s URL -U

    Results is that upgrade the catalog, but nothing happens: same list
of packages and download packages from the same place.

     Is there anyway to enable several repos?

  Thanks,

César