[csw-users] sudo: location of sudoers file?

Gérard Henry ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr
Thu May 17 07:17:58 CEST 2007

Paul Gress wrote:
> Gerard Henry wrote:
>> hello all,
>> my blastwave packages are installed on a nfs server.
>> When i want to use sudo, i got:
>> ultra20-root% /opt/csw/sbin/visudo
>> visudo: /opt/csw/etc/sudoers: Permission denied
>> because /opt/csw is nfs-mounted
>> I created /etc/opt/csw/sudoers but it seems that visudo don't try to use it.
>> Is it normal?
>>
> A couple of things.
>
> You should log in as root to edit the file.
>
> You said you created "/etc/opt/csw/sudoers", is this a typo, if not it's
> wrong.
>
> The error message your getting "visudo: /opt/csw/etc/sudoers: Permission
> denied" says it can't open the file, again pointing to root access to
> open.  If you change the access permissions for the file to open it
> (from root), you'll have to change it back to use sudo, it will complain
> the "sudoers" file is not root.

yes, i'm logged as root user. When i said that i created a file
"/etc/opt/csw/sudoers", that's because /opt/csw/etc/sudoers is on
filesystem read-only mounted
In this page:
http://www.blastwave.org/userguide/sharingcsw.html
"Some packages and programs directly support looking in /etc/opt/csw
first. "
That's what i expected...

thanks for reply,

gerard