[csw-users] sudo: location of sudoers file?

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Thu May 17 10:26:57 CEST 2007

On 16/05/07, 15:21:20, Gerard Henry <ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr> wrote
regarding [csw-users] sudo: location of sudoers file?:

> my blastwave packages are installed on a nfs server.
> When i want to use sudo, i got:
> ultra20-root% /opt/csw/sbin/visudo
> visudo: /opt/csw/etc/sudoers: Permission denied
> because /opt/csw is nfs-mounted
> I created /etc/opt/csw/sudoers but it seems that visudo don't try
> to use it.

visudo has the -f flag:

     -f  Specify and alternate sudoers file location.  With this
         option visudo will edit (or check) the sudoers file of
         your choice, instead of the default,
         /opt/csw/etc/sudoers.

Does sudo then use it?  I can't see reading the docs quickly.  If not
then file and RFE with sudo.

James.