[csw-users] How can I get blastwave's package sources?

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu May 17 17:56:19 CEST 2007

> Dennis Clarke wrote:
>>
>> If you can not dedicate resources and time to that project then please
>> submit your requirements to me for review and I will put it on the todo
>> list.
>>

> The Math department doesn't really have a lot of time to dedicate to this
> project, but as we are already providing mirroring services we would be
> happy to provide further compute/bandwidth resources.

We already have forty mirrors or so.  Another one is always nice.

> In general I like the concept of this thread; a repository that holds the
> (potentially) modified source, porting instructiosn, as well as build
> instructions for every revision of every blastwave package ever released
> (sounds like the old Qwest add for movies in the motel).
> svn.blastwave.org seems to be on the way there; however, if it needs
> additonal resources in the future (perhaps having a 3rd party providing
> the source for "archive" versions, etc.),
> please let this list know.

That old server is set to be upgraded.  The hardware etc is already allocated.

> Also if build farm resources are needed, we have a varity of UltraSPARC IIi
> hardware that is being retired; and could be put into a (well defined and
> run, with low administrative cost to us) build farm.

We currently have a full stack of Solaris 8 and 10 and Solaris Nevada
servers across AMD Opteron, x86, UltraSparc II, UltraSparc III and Niagara
processors.

However, having said all that we sure could use a set of six 146 GB
UltraSCSI disks.

Dennis Clarke