[csw-users] sudo_ldap packaging bug?

Scott R. Corzine scott+list-blastwave-announce at ties.org
Thu May 24 01:14:29 CEST 2007

On 5/23/07, Neal A. Lucier <nlucier at math.purdue.edu> wrote:
> I think the sudo_ldap should have been compilied with
> "--with-ldap-conf-file=/opt/csw/etc/ldap.conf".  It is currently
> compilied to look for 'sudoers' in /opt/csw/etc.
>
> Should I file a bug for this, or is this a "no-fix"?  Right now it is
> looking for /etc/ldap.conf which is a shared config file with PADL's
> nss_ldap and pam_ldap modules that blastwave doesn't distribute.

I would agree that /opt/csw/etc/ldap.conf is preferable.

It's more consistent with CSW conventions and if there are other
tools using /etc/ldap.conf (certainly a popular location) it could
allow conflicts to be avoided (which would otherwise require
recompiling).

If there is a very strong desire to incorporate existing
/etc/ldap.conf files couldn't postinstall copy /etc/ldap.conf to
/opt/csw/etc/ldap.conf (or ldap.conf.whatever) when one exists
and the other doesn't?

There are  significant differences just between ldapsearch from
Solaris (in /usr/bin), the Sun Java Directory Server Resource Kit,
and Blastwave's.  I have to use different command line options to
work in the same environment.  Considering that I can easily see
conflicts over /etc/ldap.conf.

Also not everyone will have the PADL libraries.  The native Solaris
LDAP client gets used too.

                                                      -Scott-